Gradit Ltd (trading as "GoIntro") ("we/us/our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with the terms and conditions set out at Terms and Conditions in respect to Participants (as defined therein), and the terms and conditions set out at Terms and Conditions in respect to Exhibitors (as defined therein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Gradit Ltd, a company incorporated in Scotland (registered number SC492506) with registered office at Argyle House, 3 Lady Lawson Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9DR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or uploading material on our site www.gointro.io (our site). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information you provide when you register to use our site or subscribe to our service.
- Where relevant, details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of our obligations to you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Our site uses certain cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies (Google Analytics). They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can change your website browser settings to reject cookies although this may impair the functionality of our website.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure third party servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device (as applicable).
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our site.
- Where relevant, to process your payment card details in order to complete any payment that you make in relation to the site.
- To create anonymised data (which we may licence to third parties directly).
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have provided your explicit consent to such contact.
We do not record or store any video or messages you make using our site.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gradit Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.